Aims and Eligibility
The Carbon Reduction Certificates scheme (renamed from the former Carbon“Less” Certificates) aims to recognise those buildings or organisations that achieved a verified absolute reduction of overall carbon emissions. Specific objectives are to:
- Encourage local buildings and organisations to identify, and take measures to reduce their carbon footprints;
- Provide recognition to participants according to their respective levels of achievements in carbon footprint reduction; and
- Facilitate reporting of third-party verified achievements of overall carbon footprint reduction.
The Carbon Reduction Certificates scheme is open to the following three types of organisations:
- Type 1 – Residential building, commerical buildings, industrial buildings mainly of office-based nature and buildings of institutional purpose within Hong Kong ;
- Type 2 – Office-based organisations/operational units within Hong Kong ; and
- Type 3 – Other non-industrial trades operated within Hong Kong .